Trip Difficulty TECHNICAL
AccommodationCamping and Hotel
TransportationCar + Coach
- Meals: Lunch + Dinner + Breakfast
First climbed by M. Herzog L. Lachenal in 1950, Annapurna is a Sanskrit word which when broken down would mean Grains and Filled With. So the name roughly translates to ‘the goddess rich in sustenance’, or more simply God for providing Food.
Annapurna Expedition - Summit the 10th Highest Peak of the World 8,091m
The Annapurna Himal and the Lamjung Himal stretch from the Kali Gandaki in the west to the Marshyangdi in the east. Four summits make up Annapurna with the entire massif forming a barrier on the northern side of the Pokhara Valley in Nepal. The main summit stands to the west of the Annapurna Sanctuary. Little was known about the mountain until 1949 when Dr. A. Heim from the windows of a Dakora aircraft saw Dhaulagiri and Annapurna. The aircraft could not fly high enough for proper observation or for photographs, but by the next year, June 3rd 1950, Annapurna was conquered. It was the first 8,000m peak to be climbed. Despite this, all the routes on the mountain pose severe difficulties and hence it is probably why fewer climbers have reached the summit in comparison to other 80000m peaks.
Highlights of Annapurna Expedition 2023
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu.
- Summit to Annapurna peak at elevation of 8091 m from North Side of peak.
- Remarkable views Annapurna glaciers.
- Experience the life as the mid-mountain people in extreme climate.
- Amazing views of Himalayan and more ice capped peaks.
- Adventure Experience of Off Road Jeep Drive Tour.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, Nepal; Land of Everest
- Day 02: One Day Kathmandu sightseeing tour.
- Day 03: One day extra for the final preparation for Mt. Annapurna Expedition
- Day 04: Drive to Beni. 8-10 Drive.
- Day 05: Trek to Tatopani.
- Day 06: Trek to Ghasa.
- Day 07: Trek to Lete.
- Day 08: Trek to Dhulo Bukhing.
- Day 09: Trek to Phang Base (3900m).
- Day 10: Trek to North Annapurna Base Camp (4190m).
- Day 11: - Day 31: Summit period of the Annapurna (8091m).
- Day 32: Climb down to Dhulo Bukhing.
- Day 33: Trek back to Lete.
- Day 34: Drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 35: Free Day in Kathmandu.
- Day 36: Success party of Annapurna Expedition.
- Day 37: Transfer to airport for your final departure.
- Trekking Trail Nepal’s tour, climbing and trekking leader, porters, permit fees, ground transfer, garbage deposit.
- Accommodations: 4 night in 3* hotel 15 night in camping.
- Meals: 39 Breakfast, 35 lunch and 65 Dinners.
- Equipments: sleeping bag, down jacket, first aid kit, trekking map, walking pole, tents, climbing equipments (ropes, snow bar, ice screw) and Kitchen equipment with staff.
- Insurance for all trekking staffs, with basic equipment.
- All ground transportations including transfer to airports / trekking starting–ending points.
- Salary, allowances, traveling expenses for all trekking and tour staffs.
Contact us to combine your trip with one of the many festivals in the Kathmandu, as our departure dates don’t always match the Festival dates due to local Nepalese calendar.