Trip Difficulty MODERATE
AccommodationCamping and Hotel
TransportationPrivate 4WD Jeep
Trip StyleHiking + Excursion
- Meals: BREAKFAST + LUNCH + DINNER
Among the different trekking routes, this Bhairav Kunda Trekking is one of the recently opened trekking trails. It is located in North-east part of Nepal in Sindhupalchowk district.
This holy lake has been named after the fierce counterpart of Lord Shiva. It is located at an altitude of 4200 m above sea level. Bordered near to Tibet, Hundreds of Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims visit the Bhairab Kunda area in the full moon of August. At this time, people pay homage to Lord Shiva. Hindus as well as Buddhist visit this Bhairav Kunda with religious beliefs during the full moon of August. They pay homage and do some worshiping. During this time, people dip in this holy lake. The general belief of this lake is that whoever takes a dip in the holy water, all their sins will be washed away. And they will get peace in eternal life.
Bhairav Kunda Trek: Off The Beaten Lake Trekking Trail Nepal
Most of the people are unaware of this trekking trail route, as it has been recently established. It lies in Langtang trekking region and is close and short trekking trails. This Bhiairav Kunda Lake Trek is moderate trekking in Nepal. It will take about 9-10 days in maximum to complete this trek. There are no facilities for hotels or lodges on the way, So travelers should stay in their own tents. Besides the blue turquoise and pristine holy Bhairav Kunda, you will also get a spectacular view of mountains like Madiya (6,257 m), Dorje Lakpa (6,966 m), Phurbi Ghhyachu (6,637m), Rowling Himalayas range, Jugal Himal, Tibetan mountain range. While trekking, you will also be hiking through different villages of different ethnicity, glaciers, forests, and Tibetan plateaus. You will be able to know about the culture and lifestyle of different community people while trekking in this region. You will be trekking up to an altitude of 4240 m which is the highest altitude in this trek.
In summary, this trek gives you a different experience compared to some of the other popular trekking routes in Nepal. Unlike other popular trekking trails trekking trail offers you to stay in tented accommodation. Trekking Trail Nepal team will manage all of you're trekking itineraries and personal requirements for this Bhairav Kunda Trekking
- Day 01: Bhairav Kunda Trekking starts with your arrival in Kathmandu. Trekking Trail Nepal team Welcomes you at Airport, transfer to hotel, refreshment, staffs meet up and final preperation for Bhairav Kunda Trek.
- Day 02: Drive to Chanaute 1,250 m. It takes 6 hours on private drive via Jalbire.
3: Approximately 6 hours trek to Khani Gaon 2000 m.
- Day 04: 4 Trek to forest camp and reach altitude 3150 m via forest trekking trail.
- Day 05: Trek to Upper Pati 3,795 m.
- Day 06: Trek from Pati to Bhairav Kunda 4,250 m, Easy 4 hours trek and explore around.
- Day 07: Bhairav Kunda to Sherpa Gaun ( Village) 2515 m.
- Day 08: Trek down to Larcha 1500 m ( Hot Spring).
- Day 09: Drive from Larcha to Kathmandu is the last day trek of Bhairav Kunda Trekking .
- Day 10: Departure: End of Bhairav Kunda Trekking Itinerary.
- All land transport, airport and hotels transfer by private vehicles as Bhairav Kunda Trekking Itinerary.
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu including bed and breakfast and 1 farewell dinner.
- 3 meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during Bhairav Kunda Trek, includes tea and coffee.
- Qualify, an experienced, English speaking trekking guide and leader.
- Supporting porters for trekking luggage and stuffs.
- Salary, insurance, accommodation, daily bonus, meals for all trekking staffs of Trekking Trail Nepal.
- All required camping gears, kitchen utensils and tent, dining tents, sleeping tents and carrier support.
- All the government taxes, national park entry fees, trekking permits and Bhairav Kunda local fees.
- First aid medical kit in an emergency
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu with crew at Nepalese e traditional cuisine at the end of our Bhairav Kunda Trekking in Kathmandu.
Bhairav Kunda Lake which lies at 4250 m situated in the northern part of the Chautara district lose to the border of Tatopani, Listi and Gumba village development committee. A huge fair (fete)is organized at Janai Purnima on the last full moon of July / August at this religiously important lake.
Attraction of Bhairav Kunda Trekking Route
You'll observe varieties of herbs and shrubs, rocks, barren land, cliffs and mountains, gorges and streams, huge meadows, grazing chauri (mountain cow), yak (mountain ox ), sheep and chyangra (mountain goat). Apart from this, you can enjoy the scenic beauty of mountain like Lakpa Dorjee, Gauri Shanker, Ganesh,Yanri, Jugal as well as some of the beautiful landscapes in China.
Bhairav Kunda Trekking Itineraray ( Alternative )
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 2: Preparation day for Bhairav Kunda Trekking in Nepal, staff meet up, and final preparation and local explore.
Day 3: Drive to Chyandhande(1160m) via Jalbire
Day 4: Chyandhande to Panggarpu (1740m) Trek.
Day 5: Panggarpu to Ghumthang (1890m) Trek.
Day 6: Ghumthang to Chogormogor Kharka(3925 m)Trek.
Day 7: Excrussion around the Bhairav Kund and around.
Day 8: Chogormogor Kharka To Bagam (2705 m) Trek .
Day 9: Chogormogor Kharka To Bagam (2705 m) Trek .
Day 10 Gati (River side of Bhote koshi, which is renowned for Bungy jump) To Kathmandu Drive.
Day 11: Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 12: Transfer to airport for your final departure, End of Bhairav Kunda Trekking.