Trip Difficulty MODERATE
AccommodationHotel + Tea House
TransportationCar + Flight
Trip StyleHiking + Excursion
- Meals: Lunch + Dinner + Breakfast
Everest Cho La Pass Trek is one the most Adventurous trekking to the Everest region of Nepal. It is the combination of a trek to Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Lake and Cho La pass. To reach the Everest Base Camp is a great achievement for the mountain climbers while crossing the Cho La pass is another one. This amazing combined trek provides the majestic views of gigantic mountains like Mt. Everest and its neighbor Mt. Nuptse, the world third highest peak Mt. Lhotse, iconic peak Mt. Ama Dablam and Mt. Pumori and much more. It will give the experience passing through the wonderful meadows, zigzag landscapes, rhododendron, pine and cedar forests, monuments, chortens, gumbas, glaciers and glacier lakes, rivers, etc.
TREKKING TRAIL OF EVEREST CHO LA PASS TREK
Now ready to begin the Everest Cho La Pass Trek from Kathmandu. The Everest Base Camp, Cho La pass with Gokyo Lake are completely secluded from the chaos of the capital city. The serenity is well preserved in the quaint mountains giving the peaceful mind ever. An amazing flight to Lukla takes you to the Khumbu region of Nepal. After arriving at Lukla, we will enter via trek up to Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park via the Dudh Koshi valley and move ahead to our dream destination To Cho La Pass via Everest Base Camp crossing Namche Bazar ( Gateway of Everest ). We will have the immense peace while traveling into the valley with turquoise colored Gokyo lakes. The longest glacier, Ngozumpa glacier along with the Gokyo lakes from Gokyo RI is simply awesome. Also, the excitement of passing over the icy trail along Cho La Pass is a lifetime rocking experience.
The thrill of being on the top of the world along with trek to the Gokyo Ri crossing the Cho La pass and stand on Everest Base Camp is one of the best rewards of the adventurous trip to the Everest Region. To explore the Sagarmatha National Park, the traditional Sherpa villages, to allure the beauty of the majestic Himalayan ranges, to acculturate the customs and traditions of Tibetans, to adopt the lifestyles of the local residents are the amazing experiences gathered during this Everest Cho La Pass trek. However, this trip to Everest region with following the Everest Trekking Trail Gokyo Lake - Gokyo Ri - Cho La Pass - Everest Base Camp (EBC) and viewpoint of Kalapatthar is tiresome but an exciting and memorable one as a lifetime reward.
- Day 01: Welcome to Nepal at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 02: Half day Kathmandu Tour
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding 2680 m.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3443 m via high Bridge of Larja Dobhan.
- Day 05: Acclimatization day hike to Everest View Hotel and Khumjung.
- Day 06: Trek to Tengboche monastery via Pungi Thanga.
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche
- Day 08: Acclimatization day hike to Nangkartseng Hill 4900 and Dingboche valley excrussion.
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche 4910 m passing via memorial place Thugla pass.
- Day 10: Reach Everest Base Camp 5364 m celebrate and back to Gorekshep.
- Day 11: Hiking to Kalapattar 5550 m - Gorekshep then Dzongla 4830 m.
- Day 12: Trek to Thangna 4700 aslo know as Dragnak by crossing Cho-La pass 5420 m.
- Day 13: Trek to Gokyo lakes 4790 m.
- Day 14: Hiking to Gokyo-RI, another view point above 5483 m and trek down to Dole.
- Day 15: Trek to Namche Bazar 3443 m.
- Day 16: Trek to Lukla 2860 m.
- Day 17: A Mountain flight back back to Kathmandu
- Day 18: Departure or extend your trip
- Airport pickup and drop services in a private transportation before and after the trek
- Accommodation in Kathmandu valley as per the itinerary with Breakfast
- Everest Cho La Pass Trek flight (Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu)
- Three meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing room for accommodation during the trek
- Experienced English speaking, helpful, friendly and most importantly Government Certified Trekking Guide
- Assisted by Porters with their lodging, food, and their salary and the insurance for all staff
- Assistant guide for the group of over 8 people with his meal, accommodation, salary and insurance
- First aid medicine kit carried by the Trekking Guide
- Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park Entry Permit fee
- Trekkers Information Management System [TIMS] registration card System
- Necessary documentation, all government taxes, and agency service charge
I have just returned from Incredible Gokyo Cho-La Pass Everest Base Camp Trek with Trekking Trail Nepal and cannot say enough good things about them. What an absolutely amazing team! Everything was organized perfectly by Apar. Be sure to ask for Lokendra as your trekking guide; he knows every inch…
Hari has been tremendous in his ability to lead and organize a trek around the Everest Range. He was able to read and understand our requirements and adapt his guide accordingly to our emotions and physical capabilities. Hari has strong knowledge of his surroundings and able to communicate effectively in…
Safety of our valuable guests before, during and after the Trek is the priority of Trekking Trail Nepal. It aims to provide the utmost services regarding the safety. Most of the contingencies are to be handled by the experienced staffs and the leader of the trek. Hence, the leader is fully authorized to modify the itinerary accordingly for the safety issues. Trekking Trail Nepal promised to stick to the scheduled itinerary, however, any mishaps or natural calamities or health conditions may bring change to the planned packages. Our leaders will be happy to provide you the necessary information and will brief the precautions and safety measures to be taken during the trek. Any changes in the itinerary will be informed at the spot.
Everest Weather Note
Please note this. Most of the trekking of Everest Region starts with the flights into Lukla Airport also know as Tenzing-Hillary Airport and World’s most dangerous airport because of High Altitude and Himalayan Weather. Flight to Lukla is only available from Kathmandu Airport and sometimes Flight to Lukla - Kathmandu may be delayed due to un-flyable weather conditions, either windy atmosphere around Lukla or in the foggy Lamjuro ( Hill near Lukla Airport ) and Kathmandu. Trekking Trail Nepal request you to assure that our Trekking staff in Lukla or in Kathmandu Airport will be doing everything possible to manage the inconvenience caused by Flight Cancellation if this happens on your Everest Region Trekking. Your patience in the sometimes trying circumstances which can occur will be greatly appreciated. If the flight is canceled more than 3 days to Lukla we may change the itinerary for the betterment of the trip. Alternatively, we may charter a chopper/helicopter at extra cost if you agree.
Nepal is very remote part of the world so one the trails please don’t expect very luxury service like in the US or Europe, although our efforts will be there. The guesthouses are quite basic and simple. We will try our best to make your trip as smooth as possible and of course, we will try our best to make everything in order. However sometimes because of the communication problems, difficulties because of high altitude, tiredness etc. or because of rough terrain, we may not reach in the camps in time.