Trip Difficulty EASY
AccommodationCamping and Hotel
TransportationCar + Coach
Trip StyleHiking + Excursion
- Meals: Lunch + Dinner + Breakfast
Gantey Gompa Trekking of Trekking Trail Nepal is a dream for those who want to experience the beautiful wilderness of Bhutan without the demands of a long strenuous trek with full of Buddhist insights and searching for peace and calm untouched nature and very very less crowd trekking trail.
Gantey Gompa Trekking - Popular Treks in Bhutan
This Gantey Gompa Trekking Itinerary begins in the meadows of Phobjika Valley (2,830m), the winter home of the endangered black-necked cranes. Gantey Gompa Trekking trail has plenty of ups and downs, with the highest point being Tsele-La pass (3,440m). You will hike through rhododendron, bamboo, juniper, ferns, magnolia, and sometimes orchids. This Gantey Gompa Trekking will fulfill your dream to see untouched nature, difference spices of birds and animals. unique and different lifestyle and tradition. On above this Buddhist culture, religious and monastery adds some flavor to this Gantey Gompa Trekking. The Tradition methods to prepare hand made papers will catch your interest too. September to November and March to May is considered as the best season for all the trekking in Bhutan and Nepal and this also applies to Gantey Gompa Trekking. Trekking Trail Nepal would strongly recommend April and early May when the rhododendrons are in full bloom.
- Day 01: Arrive in Paro, Bhutan.
- Day 02: Paro sightseeing and drive to Thimphu, capital city of Bhutan.
- Day 03: Driving tour to Gangtey Gompa till Wangdue Phodrang.
- Day 04: Day hiking in Phobjikha valley.
- Day 05: Start of Trekking, via Tselela Pass.
- Day 06: Trekking to Shobjulaa.
- Day 07: Trekking to Chunzom.
- Day 08: Tour of National Library, School of Thangka Painting and Memorial Chorten.
- Day 09: Final Departure
- All ground transportation by private vehicle in Bhutan as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in A & B category hotels in Bhutan on twin sharing basis.
- Sightseeing in Bhutan as per itinerary.
- Entrance fees for heritage sites, museums and monuments in Bhutan.
- Experienced English speaking local tour guides.
- Meals on full board basis in Bhutan .
- Bhutan visa fee.
- All Government and local taxes.
- Full board accommodation in Bhutan.
- Expenses incurred due to emergency evacuation/natural disasters, or for personal reasons.
- Personal trekking and adventure gear, clothing and accessories.
- Personal expenses like bar bill, snacks, water, chocolate.
- Extra supporting staff, laundry, battery charge, and communication expenses (such as internet charges).
- Extra baggage charge.
- Tips and any gratitude for trekking staffs and tour guide.
- Any further services not mentioned in ‘What is included’ section.
You can combine this Gantey Gompa Trekking with a Nepal Holidays too, Let us know, Trekking Trail Nepal will organize a trip combining Bhutan and Nepal.