The Hidden Lake Trek in Nepal is a relatively unknown trail and destination that offers beautiful and closest views of the Annapurna mountain range and the surrounding landscapes, epically Annapurna South 7219m. This Trekking Trail passes through traditional villages, dense forests, and alpine meadows, and culminates are the highlight of Hidden Lake. The trek is considered to be moderately difficult and typically takes around 7-10 days to complete.
Is the Hidden Lake Trek is new trekking route in Nepal?
YES, The Hidden Lake Trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal is a new trekking route. It is considered to be the least popular and lesser-known trek compared to other hiking routes in the region. Before a few years back it is the only option with camping trekking. However, the hotel services are New on the route. This trek offers spectacular views of the Annapurna mountain range and the Annapurna south glacier adds the amazing experience, of course with Hidden Lakes.
NOTE: Hidden Lake Trek is not like the Khopra Trek or the Poon Hill Trek. The trail has been in existence for a long time but it is not as commercialized as other trekking trails in Nepal. It is an alternative trekking route for those who are looking for an off-the-beaten-path experience with no other hikers. The trek is considered to be moderate to difficult, but it can be completed with prior basic hiking experience with a few days extra.
Short Hidden Lake Trek Itinerary - 5 Days Easy Trail
It is very important to note that this is a Short itinerary of Hidden Lake Trek combined with Poon Hill and Mulde View Point. However, there are other itineraries which more fits for beginner hikers, older travelers as well or those who need adventurous and difficult hiking routes even with Annapurna Circuit and Khopra Mohare Danda Trekking trail.
DAY 1: Drive from Pokhara to Banthanti, and trek to Ghorepani.
DAY 2: Poon Hill Hike and trek to Dobato with a sunset view from Muldai Peak.
DAY 3: Start early morning, Explore Annapurna Hidden Lake and hike back to Dobato.
DAY 4: Sunrise hike to Mulde Peak, Breakfast, and trek to Ghandruk.
DAY 5: Trek down to Nayapul and drive back to Pokhara.
Hidden Lake Circuit Trek Itinerary 7 Days:
DAY 1: Pokhara to Ghorepani.
DAY 2: Poon Hill hike and trek to Dobato.
DAY 3: Trek to Poon Annapurna Hidden Lake and spend the night in Windy Valley Porne.
DAY 4: Trek from Porne to Tiribung. ( Only one lodge town ).
DAY 5: Trek down to Chommoorong Village.
DAY 6: Trek down to Jhinu Danda. Enjoy the Natural Hot Spring Pool.
DAY 7: Drive to Pokhara.
Best months for The Hidden Lake Trek
The best time to do the trek is between mid-September to December and March to May. However, you have to skip the snowy and rainy periods. To the point, we recommend April and May for the Short Hidden Lake Trek because the longer day will benefit you. During these months, the weather is generally stable and clear, providing the best conditions for trekking. The temperature is mild, and the chances of rain or snowfall are negligible. During these months, the sky is usually clear, and the views of the mountains are spectacular.
The flora and fauna add the glory. September and October are considered the peak season for trekking in Nepal, so it can get a bit crowded on the trail. It is important to note that the trekking trails in Nepal are also subject to high altitude and weather conditions. We request you should always be prepared for unexpected changes in nature and weather. Even during the best months, you may encounter snow or rain, so it's always a good idea to bring good quality rain gear and warm clothing.
It is always recommended to check with a local guide or trekking agency for the current trail and weather conditions before starting your trek.
Important things to know about Hidden Lake trek.
In short, The Annapurna Hidden Lake Trek is a less-crowded, off-the-beaten, and secluded trekking option that can be extended to the most popular treks like Poon Hill, Mohare Danda, Jomsom, Khopra, Ghandruk as well Annapurna Base Camp aka ABC Trek.
- The Annapurna Hidden Lake Trek difficulty is between moderate to difficult. This trekking route is best suited for hikers with some easy off-the-beat hiking experience. Few sections of the trail have steep ascents and descents, with loose stones. Some sections of the trail can be rocky and challenging however no risk of altitude sickness.
- The trekking trail is a mix of the most popular and out of the imagination. Gurung and Pun Magar ancient villages, dense rhododendron flower forests, breathtaking closest views of the Annapurna South, strangest views of Mount Fishtail, and eye-frostbiting Annapurna South Glacier.
- The best months to do the trek are September to December. and March to May, however, get the recent weather updates.
- The trek itinerary can be modified as per the individual needs. Hire the best local guide for the trek as the trail is not well developed and marked.
- The trail passes through remote areas, so it is important to be self-sufficient and bring all the necessary gear and equipment, including warm clothing, rain gear, sunscreen, a first-aid kit, and enough snacks and water, although there are hotels on the way.
- Lastly, it's always advisable to have good Nepal Trekking Insurance that covers trekking and adventure activities, in case of any emergency
Views from Hidden Lake trek.
The Hidden Lake Trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal offers some of the most spectacular views of the Himalayas and the surrounding landscapes. Some of the highlights of the trek include:
- Annapurna South: This 7,219-meter peak is one of the most popular trekking destinations in the Annapurna region. The trek offers close-up views of the mountain and its surrounding peaks.
- Hiunchuli: This 6,441-meter peak is located in the Annapurna range and can be seen from different viewpoints on the trek.
- Machhapuchhre (Fishtail): This 6,993-meter peak is one of the most famous and recognizable peaks in the Annapurna range. It is also known as one of the most beautiful peaks in the world.
- Hidden Lake: The trek's ultimate highlight, the Hidden Lake is located at an elevation of 4,980m and is surrounded by towering peaks. The lake offers a breathtaking panoramic view of the Annapurna range.
- The beautiful landscapes and the terraced fields are a visual delight. The trek also offers a chance to see the traditional culture and lifestyle of the local people.
- The trek also offers a chance to observe different types of flora and fauna, especially the rhododendron forest which is in full bloom during spring.
Overall, the Hidden Lake Trek is a great option for those who want to see the beauty of the Annapurna region while avoiding the crowds of more popular treks.