Trip Difficulty TECHNICAL
AccommodationHotel + Tea House
TransportationCar + Flight
Trip StyleHiking + Climbing
- Meals: Lunch + Dinner + Breakfast
Island Peak Climbing is famous after its name ISLAND PEAK or IMJA TSE according to its appearance as a set floating in the ocean of ice surrounding the Himalayan peaks. Island Peak Climbing was given the name by the team of Eric Shipton in 1953 for its appearance. This Island peak lies between Mt. Ama Dablam and Mt. Lhotse on the top of the Chhukung glacier. The Island Peak Climbing start with trekking towards the Everest Base Camp. The Island Peak Climbing is gaining its popularity among the novice climbers and the experienced trekkers.. Island Peak climbing offers the amazing spectacular view of the surrounding peaks of Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Lhotse Shar, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Nuptse, etc. It is one of the challenging treks to the trekkers who have moderate physical endurance.
15 Days Island Peak Climbing with Trekking Trail
Island Peak Climbing commences from the Airport at Lukla to Island peak with the same route to classical Everest Base Camp Trekking trail till Dingboche. We will check all the gear and pieces of equipment before starting our trek. The group leader is well-trained, well-experienced and capable of leading the trek and handling any kind of emergency situations or mishaps during the trek. Oxygen and medical first aid box to be re-checked. The rocky ridges and the steps lead to the summit of the Island peak at a height of 6189 meters. We will pass through the amazing glacial moraines (Imja and Lhotse), colorful monasteries with prayer flags and prayer inscribed stones, the forests full of rare floras and faunas and birds. The best times for Island peak climbing is during mid-March-May (Spring) and mid-September-November (Autumn) but the trek can be planed anytime of the year.
Island Peak Climbing also know as Imja Peak Climbing
Island Peak climbing is an excellent expedition to the Island peaks and also a detour to the Everest Base Camp along with it. So there is an option to do the Island Peak Climbing only or together with the Everest Base Camp to experience the higher altitude. Kalapatthar is the best vantage point for the majestic views of the Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Ama Dablam, and surrounding peaks. This Island Peak Climbing gives a delightful adventurous trip to the trekkers with a wonderful lifetime memory. Trekking Trail Nepal has been arranging the trips to the Island Peak Climbing and serving the trekkers with full comfort and satisfaction with all the securities required.
- Remarkable views of Khumbu Ice fall.
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla..
- Impressive views of Chukung valley and 360 Mountains view.
- Visiting the Tengboche Monastery.
- Experience the life as the mountain people Sherpa in extreme climate.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and we take you to the hotel in Kathmandu and provided you the all details of trip.
- Day 02: Kathmandu to Lukla (2800m) as a Mountain flight and to Phakding (2610m). Flight and Trek.
- Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440 m).
- Day 04: Acclimatization activities and exploring Khumjung village with view of Everest.
- Day 05: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860m).
- Day 06: Trek and Dingboche 4410 m.
- Day 07: Trek to Chukung, (4730m).Trek.
- Day 08: Trek to Island Peak Base camp (5240m).
- Day 09: Full day acclimatization and Training. Overnight at Base camp.
- Day 10: Summit to Island Peak (6187m) and return to base camp.
- Day 11: Trek back to tengboche.
- Day 12: Trek to Phakding.
- Day 13: Trek to lukla.
- Day 14: Morning flight to Kathmandu.
- Day 15: Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
- Trekking Trail's tour and trekking and Climbing leader, porters,experienced climbing guide
- All permit fees, ground transfers, and flight Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu.
- Accommodations: 3 night in 3-STAR hotel, 12 days in Trekking guesthouses.
- Meals: 14 Breakfast, 11 lunch, and 11 Dinners.
- Equipment: tent, climbing gears (ropes, snow bar, ice screw), sleeping bag, down jacket, first aid kit, trekking map, walking pole.
- Nepal visa fee, payable at airport on arrival (multiple entry US $40 for 30 days or US $25 for 15 days).
- Lunch and dinner in the cities (while not in trekking region).
- Personal trekking and adventure gear, clothing and accessories.
- Extra supporting staff, laundry, battery charge, and communication expenses (such as internet charges).
- Personal expenses like bar bill, snacks, water, chocolate.
- Expenses incurred due to emergency evacuation/natural disasters, or for personal reasons.
- Entrance fees during the city sightseeing and any adventure activities in Kathmandu.
- Tips and any gratitude for trekking staffs and tour guide.
- Any further services not mentioned in ‘What is included’ section.
Contact Us to combine your trip with one of the many festivals in the Kathmandu, Namche, and Lukla.
This is opportunity for you to reach the height of Everest Base Camp before you make the summit of Island Peak, Please Contact us to combine Everest Base Camp Trekking With Island Peak Climbing