Trekking Trail of the fifth Highest Mountain of the Planet Earth is Makalu Base Camp Trekking. On which you will reach the elevation of 5,251 m, in the alpine terrain of the Himalayas. This Off The Beaten Trekking Route covers with snowy and icy topography, traditional ethnic people, hilly range trail to base camp of Mount Makalu, while dense tropical forest in the low-land. Makalu Base Camp Trek is a true off the beaten trekking journey with untouched nature, diverse topology, culture and ethnicity that you will cant experience in any other trekking in Nepal.
Mt. Makalu - Major Attraction of Makalu Base Camp Trekking 2024
You will see the whole body of of Mt. Makalu from the Base Camp. Here you not need to hike to another view point like in Everest Base Camp Trek. Just Base Camp of Makalu, which is at the elevation of 5251 m, offers you the breathtaking views. Here we are not spending our valuable adventure holidays just to see the 2 Eight Thousendrs mountains major to Mt. Makalu and Kanchanjunga. The trekking trail of Makalu base camp is full of new things that makes us to enroll in the adventure of Makalu Base Camp Trekking. Untouched Natural Beauty, Hidden Valleys with full of orchids, flora and fauna, traditional lifestyle of many ethnic groups, peaceful trekking trail and less presence of Trekkers makes this Makalu Base Camp Trek a Best one in compare to other popular.
Tumlingtar Airport - From Where Makalu Base Camp Trekking Starts
The real adventure Makalu Base Camp Trek starts with Jeep drive to Num from Tumlingtar Airport. However actual Trekking starts after Num Camp. Furthermore, we cross the Shipton-La Pass of height 4210m and enter into the upper Valley of Barun along the side of River Barun. This river depression for an in depth explore mountain peak and Himalayas peak of Chamlang. This Makalu Base Camp Trek;one among the foremost remote, untouched, virgin and solitary trekking area of Nepal. One of the Best Off The Beaten Trekking in Nepal.
The Makalu Base Camp Trekking route is mostly lies inside the Makalu Barun Nationla Park. The house of Mountain Makalu; Makalu Barun National Park is border with Tibet with Qomolangma National Nature Preserve Area. While in the west bounded by Everest National Park.
Why Makalu Base Camp Trek is Best off the Beaten Trekking in Nepal
- Breathtaking mountain views of rough terrain.
- Green lush valley with agricultural fields.
- Rich and diverse in flora and fauna.
- One of the unexplored Trekking in Nepal.
- Cultural diversity, culture and tradition.
- Peaceful trekking trail with less crowed.
- Adventure of flight between Kathmandu and Tumlingtar.
Facts Need to Know for Makalu Base Camp Trekking 2024
1. World 5th Highest Point, with Height of 8485 m /27,838 ft.
2. Mt. Makalu is also called Pyramid Mountain Because of its pyramidal shape.
3. On May 15, 1955 Mt. Makalu was first submitted by French Expedition
4. Lionel Terray, Jean Couzy, Franco. Franco, Guido Magnone and Gyalzen Norbu Sherpa are the first summitters of Mt. Makalu.
5. In 1954 Sir Edmund Hillary was unable to summit Mt. Makalu, His team just able to make up to 7200 m.
6. There is not view point hike as in Everest Base Camp Trek. Makalu Base Camp is Ultimate destination for Makalu Base Camp Trek.
7. Makalu has two subsidiary peaks. Kangchungtse 7678 m, which is also known as Makalu II and saddle, is Chomo Lonzo with the height of 7,804 m.
8. Makalu is actually based in the same range as Mt. Everest, Which is called Maha Langur Himalayas range.