Got a day in Kathmandu? Go on an amazing and Off The Beaten Ranikot Village Day Hiking trip to make your day well spent. Kathmandu valley ridge has several awesome viewpoints that provide the view of Kathmandu valley. In addition to the valley view, these great vantage points bring the views of high hilly folds to the snow-capped Himalayas to the north. Ranikot village day hiking trip takes you to the vantage point of Ranikot pass where you can enjoy a spectacular view from. Of several day hiking routes around Kathmandu valley, the Ranikot village day hiking route is an offbeat yet more spectacular trail than others. Trekking Trail along the route is peaceful and goes through beautiful nature.
Ranikot Hiking Highlights:
- Village tradition, culture, and experience the local lifestyle.
- Excellent view of the Himalayas and Kathmandu Valley.
- A peaceful hiking trail covered with green forest.
- Day Hiking in a nontourist area near Kathmandu.
- One best points for an amazing sunrise as well as a golden clouds sunset.
- Excursion to Panauti, Hindu temples, bird watching, and more.
The day hiking starts from Surya Vinayak in Bhaktapur after driving about 22 kilometers from Kathmandu. The trail starts winding uphill towards Ranikot pass through the peaceful and pristine forest. It is a nice nature walking experience to make a perfect start to the hiking adventure. As we slowly advance up towards Ranikot, Kathmandu valley and the view beyond to the north starts getting exposed to surprise us with awesomeness. The Himalayan range to the far north, folds of middle hills before the Himalayan range, and Kathmandu valley view look so overwhelming from Ranikot that one can spend days sitting there and watching the view.
Experiencing Sunrise and Sunset from Ranikot Home Stay
As our Ranikot Home Stay lies on the loves of Rayalay Village facing towards East. The views of Dhulikhel Hill along with the base of Panauti, Kushadevi Town looks amazing with traced farming. Depending on the season the color of agricultural field changes. During March, April and May yellow mustered flowers welcomes you as hikers. Similarly green and white accepts you as home stay guest for October, November, December, and December.
To get the best experience above this, Trekking Trail Nepal suggest you to woke up before sun and wait for its beautiful sunrise. This this time, our host will milking their cow to offer you the fresh organic coffee. Similarly you can grab the hot drink and hike one minutes to the western ridge from our garden and wait for sunset. The sunset comes with golden clouds which will be one best moments of your lifetime during Ranikot Hiking in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Ranikot Village Hike Itinerary:
One Day Ranikot Village Hiking with Trekking Trail Nepal follows the below Itinerary. Trekking Trail Nepal organized this Ranikot Village Hiking Itinerary by following the local attraction and theme
- 07:00 AM: Pick up from the hotel in Kathmandu. We will start our Ranikot Village Walking with 35 35-minute drive from your hotel to Suryabinayak.
- 08:00 AM: We start our Ranikot village hike after a short visit to one Hindu Temple near Suryabinayak.
- 08:15 AM: We continue our hiking by crossing a small settlement, by crossing the dense forest and steep uphills we will reach to the top of Ranikot ViewPoint by noon.
- 10:00 AM: Small lunch break on the hanging resort with picturesque snow-capped Himalayas range, Kathmandu Valley, and green nature. Some local drinks on the top of Ranikot Hill enhance the enjoyment level to a refreshing one.
- 10:30 PM: We start hiking down to Rayalay village. Here we can experience a rural lifestyle.
- 03:30 PM: By crossing many small villages, and exploring traditional walking trails we will reach Panauti by the end of 4 O‘clock.
- 04:30 PM: After exploring the old town of Newar Community we will take a bus drive to Kathmandu.
- 06:00 PM: Arrive in your hotel. Thus Itinerary of the Ranikot Village Day Hike ends here in Kathmandu.
Ranikot Hiking Facts.
- Accommodation: On Request
- Hours: 6-8
- Max. Altitude: 1891m
- Meals: Traditional Lunch with Local Snacks and drinks
- Distance Covered: 21.8 Km
PANAUTI where Ranitkot Hike Ends
The hike continues further ahead towards Panauti a traditional and beautiful Newari town. The walking journey for the day comes to an end here in this beautiful town from where we take a vehicle back to Kathmandu. Before driving back to Kathmandu, we can explore Panauti where we can see beautiful medieval temples and other cultural wonders. This trip is an amazing blend of nature and culture to make your day beautiful. Trekking Trail Nepal ensures an unparalleled and fun-filled day hiking adventure in Kathmandu.
Ranikot Hike: The Best Hiking in Kathmandu
Ranikot Village Hiking will give you the experience of a jungle walk with birds creeping, an excellent view of Kathmandu Valley at the bottom of the Himalayas, the village lifestyle of local people, and enjoying with a glance, old city of Kathmandu Panauti in one day. As a result, you experience more than you expect in one one-day tour. Ranikot Village Day Hiking gives you an unmatchable chance to experience Real Village Hiking. With not going far away from Kathmandu. In short; Ranikot Hike is the Best Hiking in Kathmandu.
Ranikot Village Hiking in Kathmandu 1 Day, 2 Days, and 3 Days
Ranikot Hiking is the best village Tour in Kathmandu to experience typical rural lifestyle, tradition, nature, and the Himalayas view in easy walking around Community Hiking of Panauti. After the Great success of Ranikot Village Hiking, Trekking Trail Nepal is now offering 2 Days walking tour with one-night Home Stay Accommodation and 3 Days Ranikot Village Hiking Tour Itinerary with Panauti Sanga Community Hike.
Unique Feature of Ranikot Village Makes the Best Hiking Tour in Kathmandu
- Remote Village with untouched Natural, Peaceful and Typical lifestyle close to Valley of Kathmandu
- Picturesque green hills, forest, and Panoramic Himalayas view.
- The flexibility of duration, Ranikot Village Hike in Kathmandu can do as 1 day, 2 day and 3 Days
- Several viewpoints for Kathmandu City, Panauti Valley, and green hill
- Amazing sunrise and sunsets from the widow of Homestay
- Experience of Private Homestay and Community Homestay
- Best Circuit Hiking Itinerary close to Kathmandu Valley.
2 Days Ranikot Village Hiking Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Trekking Trail Nepal received you at our hotel after breakfast in Thamel. With a short briefing of Rankot Village Tour, we start our short walk towards our vehicle's parking center, which takes about 10 easy minutes. We start our private car drive to Suryabinayak. Onwards here, we cross the downtown after a cup of organic coffee. In addition to this, we visit the Ganesh Temple before we leave the side of Bhaktapur, Suryabinayak.
Crossing the dense forest with steep inclined slippery trekking trail we reach the Temple of Pilot Baba. If you are looking for short peaceful meditation and a peaceful view of Kathmandu Valley this will definitely help you. No limit to this, we continue our Ranikot Hike with village Tour towards Ghyampe Danda, Fort of Ranikot, and finally, we reach Ranikot Village. Depends on our arrival time, We explore the Village, Meet Local People, Experience Daily Life, Short Visits to vegetable and crop gardens. Furthermore, we try to make new friends of feeling animals like dogs, cats, goats, cows, Buffalo's and more.
In this part of the Ranikot Hiking Tour in Kathmandu, you will get many smiley faces, gape eyes, welcoming arms, and many welcome milk teas. In the evening we help our Homestay to collect, clean, and cooked the traditional dinner for tonight.
- Overnight Homestay Accommodation
- Snacks, Lunch, and Dinner is Included with drinking water and Tea-Coffee.
Day 2: Our Day 2 Itinerary starts with a beautiful sunrise in our Sunrise Homestay Lodge at Ranikot Village. With traditional homemade breakfast and little exploring the morning day-to-day lifestyle of local people, we continue our walk of Ranikot Village Tour in Kathmandu towards Panauti or Sanga.
Panauti: Panauti is one of the oldest villages around Kathmandu. One Temple in the old town is the best attraction to see. The dusty road because of construction ( upgrading ) and crowed full of small-town like Parkhalchaur and Kushadevi, Trekking Trail Nepal suggest you, end your village hiking towards Sanga. However, If you love to walk short and drive long, just okay to explore from the window Panauti is the Best.
Sanga: If you are looking for peaceful and no (Less) vehicles and full of agricultural farms and green forests and hills, we suggest you take the hiking trail towards Sanga. Not only the route from Ranikot Village to Sanga is full of nature and the best but also we able to visit the Tallest Statue of Lord Shiva.
This hiking trail shares the route of the Sanga-Panauti Community Hike by 60%. That you will get the experience of New Community Hike in Kathmandu too. With a quick visit of Sanga Lord Shiva Statue, Temple, and around, we start our drive back to Kathmandu to your hotel in Thamel. Where Ranikot Village Hiking Tour comes to end officially.
- Depends on your choice of route, we plan our Lunch and Breakfast Schedule differently.
- Accommodation is Not Included.
- Breakfast, Snacks, and Lunch are Included with drinking water and Tea-Coffee.
Sanga Panauti COMMUNITY HIKE with Ranikot Village - 3 Days
Similarly, Trekking Trail Nepal also gives you the alternative 3 Days hiking itinerary in Kathmandu which makes it easy to choose. This Itinerary of Sanga Community Hiking with Ranikot Village combines all attractions we mentioned yet; Ranikot Village, Panauti as Sanga. In addition to this, If you are looking for 3 days Ranikot Village Hiking Tour with two night traditional accommodation Sanga Panauti Community Hike is best with Ranikot Village. By following this following itinerary you will spend 1 night in Homestay in Ranikot Village while another night community Home-stay of Panauti.
To mix with the Community Hike of Sanga Panauti to Ranikot Hiking you can follow the below itinerary. Above all, you can starts from another point and ends our original starting as your interest.
Day 1: Drive to Suryabinayak and Trek to Ranikot Village crossing Ganesh Temple, Pilot Baba Temple, Ghyampe Danda, and Fort of Ranikot. Overnight at Ranikot Sunrise Home Stay
Day 2: After Breakfast, Hike down to Trek to Panauti, Overnight at Community Home Stay of Panauti crossing, Ranikot Village, Kushadevi, and Parkhalchaur.
Day 3: 10 Km hiking of Panauti to Sanga as Community Hike starts after breakfast in Panauti Home Stay and Ends at Sanga on Lunch. However, you will have a chance to visit the Sanga Kailashnath Mahadev Statue, which is the world's tallest statue of Lord Shiva. As of the last part of 3 Day, Ranikot Hike with Panauti Sanga COMMUNITY HIKE comes to end in Kathmandu after a 1-hour luxury drive in a private Car.
If you have free one day in Kathmandu and looking for the Best Hiking in Kathmandu including the village, Himalayas, the rural lifestyle Ranikot Hiking is the Best one. Check our valuable guests' reviews and feel the experiences on Trip Advisor.