The trekking trail to the base camp of 7th highest mountain Peak is knows as Round Dhaulagiri Trek. The name might create confusion, why its does not called Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek? For true adventure trekkers the name is just to know which and what. This Round Dhaulagiri Trek is one of the most difficult, long, adventurous as well wonderful trekking in Nepal. In True word Round Dhaulagiri Trekking is true off the beaten Trekking in the Himalayas.
Round Dhaulagiri also called Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek
This circuit trekking trail start form Darbang or Babia-Chaur, from where you will see only the top of Dhaulagiri. Dhaulagiri Base Camp of elevation of 5,150 m. can be reach with 9-10 days of strenuous trek in harsh environment. While it take just 3-4 days to get back to the civilization with easy hike.
You will certainly surprised with the different nature that you will experience in the 13 days of trekking along mt. Dhaulagiri. First few day will be covered with dense forest and very small settlements. After Salla Ghari village and camp will enter to the no mans land. We are getting far from civilization and close to mother nature.
From here next 5 days trekking trail, weather even resting comes in surprise pack. In this part of Round Dhaulagiri Trek Trail our life stick with glaciers, especially after French Pass (COL) 5,235 m. Finally we enter to the Hidden Valley, crossing Dhampus Pass of 5,155 m. Hidden valley is name give by local people, which Literally means, IN THE LAP OF DHAULAGIRI, as we will be. After all this toughest exam of Adventure with Dhaulagiri Base Camp with Round Dhaulagiri Trek, everything fells easy. The next 3 easiest day will take us to the Jomsom Bazaar which lies on the east of Dhaulagiri. Jomsom is the ending point of our Round Dhaulagiri Trek. From here we continue to Kathmandu via Pokhara with flight and drive.
Why Round Dhaulagiri Trek in 2023
- One highest peak of the world with sky touching height of 26,788 ft, 8,167 m
- The base camp of 7th highest peak of the world with Most attractive peak, the name Dhaulagiri itself says White Beautiful Mountain.
- Only one Eight Thousanders that British Expedition not interested in.
- Standing in the deepest and windy valley of Kaligandaki River
- Complete circuit Trekking Trail makes adventure spreads.
- One of the tough mountain with wild and unpredictable weather.
- The most popular, adventurous off the beaten trek in compare of any Base camp Trek.
- In 1960 Combined Swiss-Austrian expedition led by Max Eiselin submitted for the first time.
- Mt. Dhaulagiri is the first mountain climb supported by fixed wing aircraft.
Dhaulagiri Base Camp is the ultimate and highest Point of Round Dhaulagiri Trekking itinerary. The circuit trekking trail make this Dhaulagiri Base Camp trek a best to fit for long adventurous trekking in Nepal. Above all you will get chance to explore and experience more with Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek.
Have Adventure Guts? Experience A Real Off The Beaten Trek; Round Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek in Nepal.