One of the beautiful day hiking trips in nature in the surroundings of Kathmandu, Chandragiri Hiking trip offers us a peaceful nature walking experience. Chandragiri hill that is in the surroundings ridge of the Kathmandu valley has been a popular place these days after the recent cable car operation there. But Chandragiri Day Hiking trip is one of the best nature walks in Kathmandu long before the operation of cable car. We can make it a luxury day hiking in Kathmandu as we can add a cable car ride on the way back down from the top.
This day hike takes us through densely forested trail to the top of the hill. We can enjoy a magnificent view of the Himalayan range and beautiful view of Kathmandu valleyon a clear day. The nature walk will offer us a peaceful time away from the crowd of the city.
The hiking starts after exploring a beautiful town of Kirtipur. About 3 hours of walk up the hill takes us to the top of Chandragiri hill. We will enjoy the view this wonderful viewpoint has to offer us. We can also explore the recently developed facilities at the place including the temple to Bhaleshwor mahadev.
Later, going down has two options for us. Hike through forest down to Mata Tirtha or take a cable car ride down to Thankot. You can choose from the options at the time of booking.
Highlights of Chandragiri One Day Hiking
- Explore Kirtipur
- Peaceful nature through beautiful forest
- Wonderful view of the valley and mountains
- Options of Cable car ride
- Highest Point of Kathmandu with 360 degree view with Himalayas and Valley
Chandragiri One Day Hiking Itinerary
- Drive to Kirtipur after breakfast
- Explore Kirtipur
- Start the hike from Machhegaun
- Hike through beautiful forest for about 3 hours
- Reach Chandragiri hill
- Spend some time at the top
- Hike or take cable car ride back
- Drive back to hotel end of Chandragiri Hiking