One of the beautiful day hiking trips in nature in the surroundings of Kathmandu, Chandragiri Hiking trip offers us a peaceful nature walking experience. Chandragiri hill that is in the surroundings ridge of the Kathmandu valley has been a popular place these days after the recent cable car operation there. But Chandragiri Day Hiking trip is one of the best nature walks in Kathmandu long before the operation of cable car. We can make it a luxury day hiking in Kathmandu as we can add a cable car ride on the way back down from the top.
This day hike takes us through densely forested trail to the top of the hill. We can enjoy a magnificent view of the Himalayan range and beautiful view of Kathmandu valleyon a clear day. The nature walk will offer us a peaceful time away from the crowd of the city.
The hiking starts after exploring a beautiful town of Kirtipur. About 3 hours of walk up the hill takes us to the top of Chandragiri hill. We will enjoy the view this wonderful viewpoint has to offer us. We can also explore the recently developed facilities at the place including the temple to Bhaleshwor mahadev. Later, going down has two options for us. Hike through forest down to Mata Tirtha or take a cable car ride down to Thankot. You can choose from the options at the time of booking.
Highlights of Chandragiri One Day Hiking
- Explore Kirtipur
- Peaceful nature through beautiful forest
- Wonderful view of the valley and mountains
- Options of Cable car ride
- Highest Point of Kathmandu with 360 degree view with Himalayas and Valley
One Day Chandragiri Hiking Itinerary Covers
- Drive to Kirtipur after breakfast
- Explore Kirtipur
- Start the hike from Machhegaun
- Hike through beautiful forest for about 3 hours
- Reach Chandragiri hill
- Spend some time at the top
- Hike or take cable car ride back
- Drive back to hotel end of Chandragiri Hiking
NOTE: If you want to spend your One Day Chandragiri Hiking with peaceful nature please skip Saturday. Since it is a public holiday in Nepal and more people go visit Chandragiri Cable Car for a day outing with family and friends in Kathmandu.
- Day 01: One Day Chandragiri Hiking
Chandragiri Hiking INCLUDEs FOLLOWING services:
- All ground transportation by private vehicle
- English speaking guide including his meals and salary
- Government taxes and office service charge
- One standard lunch in Chandragiri Resort
- 1 Liters drinking water and 1 Cup of Tea/coffee
This Chandragiri Hiking is one of the oldest hiking trail around the Kathmandu Valley. Trekkers and hikers get more to this Chandragiri Hiking because of Cable Car and Luxury Resort on the top, which just started to serve. This Chandragiri is the name of the highest hill on the west side of Kathmandu valley which rose up to 2,551 m above sea level.
Chandragiri Hill One Day Hiking
With Trekking Trail Nepal you will experiences this new hiking trail to the top of Chandragiri in style and including side attraction. Although Chandragiri hill is the major attraction, But with us you will visit Kirtipur Durbar Square, Macchanarayan Temple, Sakya Muni Buddha statue before you start hike towards the hill top of Chandragiri.
Chandragiri Hiking - Luxury One Day Hiking in Kathmandu
Chandragiri Cable Car Ticket Price:
Ticket Type Nepalese SAARC Citizen Foreigners
One way Ticket Nrs 415 Nrs 415 US $ 13
Both ways Ticket Nrs700 Nrs 700 US $ 22
Chandragiri Cable Car Discount Policy:
• Child up to 3 feet tall : 100% off
• Differently abled Person: 50% off
• Elderr Citizen / over 60 years : 25% off
• Students: 25% off
• Locals: 25% off
- Valid identification card must be present to get Discount.
- Chandragiri Cable Car Discount Policy is only valid for Nepalese Citizen.
- Chandragiri Hiking Trail
On request, Trekking Trail Nepal customized this One Day Chandragiri Hiking Itinerary. The new program of Chandragiri Hike includes one night stay at Chandragiri Hill Resort to experience the luxury of Hill resorts.
Alternative Hiking Trail of Chandragiri Hills: One day Chandragiri Hiking of Trekking Trail Nepal stars from Kirtipur or Macchagaun. While ends in Bauthali ground or Thankot as the base stations of Chandragiri Cable car.
Chandragiri Hill - Highest Point of Kathmandu Valley
Chandragiri lies in the south-west of Kathmandu Valley. Chandragiri Hill is the highest point of the Kathmandu Valley with the highly of 2,551 m. Not only The views of snow caps Peaks of Langtang and Gaurishanker Himalayan range, the views of valley and the hills around Kathmandu valleys rim seems more beautiful.