Trip Difficulty EASY
AccommodationHotel + Resort
TransportationCar + Coach
Trip StyleFestival Tour + Jungle Safari
- Meals: Breakfast + Few Meal
Learn and immerse in spiritual cultural wonders of Nepal Holi Tour.
This enriching cultural Nepal Holi tour is an insightful exploration of Nepal during the festival of colors – the Holi. Widely celebrated throughout the country in the month of March, the Holi is an important reflection of spiritual culture prevailing in Nepal. You can explore the legendary significance, cultural importance and local indulgence of the festival while on this trip. Nepal Holi Tour Itinerary is designed to take you through rich cultural traditions of Nepal and, at the same time, explore other wonderful things in different places of the country. The festival that has the legendary significance to mark victory of the good over evil makes this festival an important social cultural celebration.
Highlight of Nepal Holi Tour 2019
- Immersion into Holi festival celebration
- Play with variety of hues during the celebration
- Cultural exploration of Kathmandu
- Spectacular sunrise and mountain view from Pokhara
- Jungle safari activities in Chitwan
- Eye-opening overland journey through the roads of Nepal
Whether you care or not about the legendary stories on how the festival started, you will definitely enjoy the way that it is celebrated. It has become symbolic more of social harmony and fun than that of its legendary stories. Although the long rooted cultural tradition is definitely in practice when the festival begins and ends. Our Social Cultural Expert Guides at Trekking Trail Nepal will guide you through the festival and enlighten you on its cultural, spiritual and historical importance.
In addition to the Holi festival celebration, you will be able to explore and enjoy wonders of Pokhara and Chitwan as well. Touring around Pokhara brings you to the beautiful view of Annapurna range of the Himalayas and many other natural wonders. Likewise, Chitwan will take you on wonderful wild life safari activities without
Elpephant Safari . Nepal Holi Tour will let you explore the cultural, spiritual and natural riches of Nepal during the festival of colors.
Is this the type of your holiday? If yes, write to us.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Sightseeing of Kathmandu
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara Drive
- Day 04: Holi celebration in Pokhara
- Day 05: Pokhara – Chitwan (2 nd Day of Holi Celebration)
- Day 06: Chitwan Exploration Day
- Day 07: Jungle walk and back to Kathmandu.
- Day 08: Final Departure.
- 3 star Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on twin sharing with breakfast as days mention in itinerary.
- Full board (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and twin sharing accommodation in Chitwan with 1 full day of jungle activities.
- Tourist coach from Kathmandu- Pokhara- Chitwan- Kathmandu.
- Required number of Government certified English-speaking trekking guide and supporting staff.
- Guided City Tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- All ground transportations including transfer to airports / trekking starting–ending points.
- Trekking map and t-shirt for each member.
- Salary, allowances, traveling expenses for all trekking and tour staffs.
Nepal Holi Tour emphasis of Holi rituals is the burning of the demoness Holika. On the eve of Holi, large bonfires are lit to mark the occasion and to burn evil spirits. The Holi festival commemorates the victory of good over evil, brought about by the burning and destruction of the demoness named Holika. This was enabled through unwavering devotion to the Hindu god of preservation, Lord Vishnu.
Holi got its name as the "Festival of Colors" from Lord Krishna, a reincarnation of Lord Vishnu, who liked to play pranks on the village girls by drenching them in water and colors. The festival marks the end of winter and the abundance of the upcoming spring harvest season.
When is Nepal Holi Tour?
The day after the full moon in March each year. In 2018, Holi will be celebrated on March 1 in Midland and next day in the lowland of Nepal.Trekking Trail Nepal this eight-day Nepal Holi Tour is combines sighting around some of Nepal's most popular sites with the chance make your holiday more colorful as we all celebrate Holi. You will have the chance to explore the historic capital of Kathmandu and have a jungle adventure in Chitwan, as well as enjoying the festival in the beautiful lakeside city of Pokhara.
How is Holi Celebrated
Nepal Holi Tour festival commemorates the victory of good over evil, brought about by the burning and destruction of the demoness named Holika. This was enabled through unwavering devotion to the Hindu god of preservation, Lord Vishnu. On the eve of Holi, large bonfires are lit to mark the occasion and to burn evil spirits.Holi got its name as the Festival of Colors from Lord Krishna, a reincarnation of Lord Vishnu, who liked to play pranks on the village girls by drenching them in water and colors. The festival marks the end of winter and the abundance of the upcoming spring harvest season.
When is Nepal Holi Tour Celebrated
Holy is celebrated on the day after the full moon in March each year. In 2018, Holi will be celebrated on March 5 in the Midlands and next day in the lowlands of Nepal.