Already booked a trekking package to the Himalayas of Nepal or looking for equipment checklist for trekking and still wondering about the essential equipment for your outdoor recreation and Trekking in Nepal. Adventure Trekking in the Himalayas involves some of the wilderness and high alpine Trekking Trails which needs the variety of equipment and gears however these lists can vary depending on your fitness, choice, availability, experience, health conditions etc.
Trekking Trail Nepal pleased to suggest our Trekking Gears Checklist for Trekking in Nepal for your references. You can make imperative changes to our checklist as per your need and availability. In case, you could not get any of the following listed items in your hometown or be in rush before your flight to Himalaya, do not fright! The equipment necessary can be easily purchased in the shops in Kathmandu.
Gears Available In Kathmandu for Trekking in Nepal
Most of the popular gears can be purchased in Kathmandu through the quality or price can be different. Some branded shops like The North Face, Mountain Hardware, Everest Hardware, Timberland Outdoor Equipment, Outdoor Research, Marmot, Sherpa Adventure Gear, Black Yak, Red Fox Outdoor Equipment have their own showroom in Kathmandu and some in Pokhara and Namche Bazar on the way to Everest Base Camp. While most gears are available in Kathmandu made by Nepalese manufacture. A majority of them are produced in Nepal, China, and Bangladesh. If you chose a local brand, quality might not be as you expect but they are of awesome quality in comparison to price although there is no guarantee.
Trekking Trail Nepal tried our best to list down outdoor gears needed for the trekking in Nepal, please make the appropriate selection from the list below. In addition, below list is for your valued information only you can use your knowledge and experience too.
The best piece of advice that we can give you is to make your pack as light as possible. Ultralight backpacking has now gone mainstream and a little research will go a long way to shedding the kilos off your back. Please consult with us, if you have any confusion. If you have some particular queries CONTACT US.
Basic Accessories for Trekking in Nepal
- Sleeping Bag: Especially during peak season there is a shortage of blankets so a good sleeping bag is a wise decision. 4 seasons Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees Fahrenheit.(Your own sleeping bag strongly is recommended,
- Headlamp: (Good quality, for example, Petzl Zoom, The North Face ) with spare batteries.
- Day Pack: Approximately 25-35 liters. Remember that your porter will most likely not travel at the same pace as you. So while in trekking, a small day bag pack is recommended. In addition good enough to carry your personal valuables like passport, money, medicine, sunscreen, etc.
- Down Jacket: Down jackets are invaluable while traveling in high alpine areas. Make sure that the jacket will keep you warm down to minus 10 degree Celsius. Your own Down Jacket is the best alternative, but Trekking Trail Nepal also provide sleeping bags on rent. You need to return after the completion of your trek with Trekking Trail Nepal
- Duffel or rucksack bag: Must be waterproof and easy to carry. Remember you may also need to leave some excess clothing or belongings back in Kathmandu (most hotels provide short-term storage for free) and a suitable, lockable suitcase is best.
- Large plastic bags: for keeping Items dry inside trekking bag
- Water bottles: Hot water is important, Please make sure water bottles can resist boiling hot water.
- Ear Plug: (who know some people in group snore as they dream with snow leopard in the Himalayas. )
- Small padlock or combination lock
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Trekking Poles
Head Items for Trekking in Nepal
- Round sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- UV 45+Suntan lotion or sunblock cream
Upper Body Items for Trekking Trails in Nepal
- Quick Dry or Flash Dry T-shirts
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (Optional)
- Waterproof (breathable fabric suggested) shell jacket
- own vest and/or jacket (Optional)
Lower Body Items for Trekking in Nepal
- Under Garments made with cotton or soft fabric
- Hiking shorts for day
- Lightweight cotton long pants ( Quick Dry or FlashDry Recommended )
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or woolen thermal pants (Optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
Feet Items for Trekking in Nepal
Make sure you do not purchase brand new boots and try and break them in on the trek. You might wind up breaking your feet instead. Make sure your boots are well worn in before to come to Nepal. Boots are one item you should not skip on. Buy the best you can, your feet will love you for it. Unless you are mountaineering, heavy, double, plastic boots are not necessary. Comfort and lightweight, with good ankle support, are best. Make sure you bring a pair of camp shoes as well to wear around camp and in tea houses. For safety Trekking Trail Nepal requests you to remember to bring extra laces as well.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool or cotton hiking socks
- Good quality trekking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers or sandals)
- Gaiters for hiking in winter/monsoon season
- Hand Items for Trekking in Nepal
- Lightweight warm and air proof gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens
- With a waterproof shell outer for monsoon and winter season
Toiletries tems for Trekking in Nepal
- Medium sized quick-drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste and multi-purpose soap (biodegradable recommended)
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Antibacterial hand sanitizer
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror and Nail clippers
Luxurious Items for Trekking in Nepal
During spare time around the camp at night, or in tea-houses, and on acclimatization days some extra luxury items are worthwhile.
- Binoculars and GPS tracker
- Reading Novel other books (Kindle), Only one or Two since you can switch with other members
- Trail Guide Map / Guidebook
- Small diary pen and pencils
- Selfie sticks and tripod, Drone camera
- Indoor games like deck of cards, chess or others
- Swimming customs ( For Nepal Tours, City Tours or Kathmandu Pokhara Chitwan Lumbini Tour, Hot Spring Trek, Nepal Luxury Tour and more)
If you feel items and list of Trekking Gears Checklist for Nepal Trekking is not completed with our missing items and gears, Please feel easy to write your suggestions. We will appreciate your idea and update our Trekking Gears Checklist for Trekking in Nepal